Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tagged

I was tagged, so without ado (well, a little ado), here are the questions and answers:

1. What did you do in 2005 that you hadn't done before?
I went on a trip with 10 of my friends to Las Vegas. While fun, I believe that I should endeavor to keep my friendships, and thus never ever go on a trip with that many people again.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend's wife. A second little girl, the poor saps. Not that there's anything wrong with having two girls, mind you- but the thought that a man must lose two precious gifts to some strange men at some point in the future- it's enough to break someone.

3. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately, no.

4. Did you travel? Where did you go? Best holiday memory?
Travel, quite necessarily, is required for my person. There was no great trip this year, I don't think. I did travel, however- Las Vegas, Hawaii, camping on the beach, and others. The decompression offered by even a slight sojurn is always welcome.

5. Best thing you bought?
A house. I was hoping to save enough for a moat and some battlements, but alas, it was not to be.

6. Where did most of your money go?
See above. Not only my money, but the money of some poor bank.

7. What do you wish you had done more of?
I could not slake my desire to travel, I think, no matter how much I would want. Writing, certainly, practicing guitar, wanton acts of carnality, reading, exercise.

8. What do you wish you had done less of?
For lack of a better term, "dicking around" on the computer. Ok, there's far better terms, but I wanted to giggle at the term "dicking"

9. What kept you sane?
Normal brain chemistry? The aforementioned useless computer use, while useless, helped keep me from commiting 7 felonies (12 in Tenessee).

10. What drove you mad?
The amount of paperwork required to purchase a house completely explains deforestation.

11. What made you celebrate?
I need a reason?

12. What made you sad?
Things that, despite my superpowers, I cannot prevent. It's time for some new superpowers. I mean, talking to marine life? What the hell is that?

13. How was your birthday this year?
It hasn't yet occurred: however, I can only assume what will happen:

Upon arriving home, I will be greeted to a completely clean and furnished house with far more expensive and alluring decor than I left it with. My friends and family, too numerous to count, will bow and pay homage to me, and sing songs and make speeches about my kind, generous, and above all, humble nature. The finest delicacies and concoctions will be available for my palate's amusement, and the cake will be wheeled out by two Playboy centerfolds, and two more will burst from the cake. After all have eaten and drank their fill, the dream-fulfilling gifts will be presented to me, each wrapped with the utmost care. Finally,all will retire home, except the Playboy centerfolds, who will stay to clean up. Meanwhile, my wife and I will spend the night awake and active, if you know what I mean. If not, I mean sex.

I trust I will not be disappointed.

14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
I could start a political blog, but then I would just be aping everyone else, and that's lame. Let me just say that I was rooting for Bud Light in the Bud Bowl.

15. Were you in love in 2005?
Yes, except for those 3 days in March when I was comatose.

16. What would you like to have in 2006 that you didn't have this year?
A pirate ship crewed by the damned, or alternatively, waterproof, animatronic robots.

17. What date from 2005 will be etched in your memory and why?
December 13, 2005, the day I wrote this blog.

18. What song will remind you of 2005?
Well, since I'm listening to D'Oyly Carte Opera's version of H.M.S. Penafore, "Sir Joseph Porter's Song", I'll say that.

Now landsmen all, whoever you may be,
If you want to rise to the top of the tree,
If your soul isn't fettered to an office stool,
Be careful to be guided by this golden rule
Stick close to your desks and never go to sea,
And you all may be rulers of the Queen's Navee!

19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?
I'm always happy. It's what I do.

20. Biggest achievement this year?
I guess the house thing, but only until I become limber enough to put my head between my legs.

21. Biggest disappointment this year?
Not bending everyone to my indomitable will.

22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?
Nothing really- winning the lottery or having a rich and distant relative kick the bucket and leave me a handsome inheritance because I was the only one who didn't comment on that thing on his face.

23. Best new person you met this year?
My friend's new daughter, although, to be honest, she has kind of been a sack of flesh the few times I've seen her. I would estimate her personality will develop soon.

24. A valuable life lesson you learnt this year?
If you make it look as though you're supposed to be somewhere, even if you're not, nine times out of ten, nobody will question you.

4 Comments:

At 1:27 AM, Blogger ChickyBabe said...

"I'm always happy. It's what I do." - If that statement sums you up really well, then you're a wonderful person! :)

Thanks for doing this meme.

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you love Dylan! Even if she is a sack of flesh. haha. Just think, soon she will be as coherent and loving as Mariah. Dylan will love her uncle Mikey just as Mariah does. :O)

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger chica bonita said...

aloha mate! congratulations on your new place. i'm pretty sure it's worth all the trouble you've gone through to get it at the end. :-)

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Knows It All said...

Oh man, did someone reveal your real name?

Hope your 2006 is as good as this one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home