Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A moving experience

Son of a taco. I had a nice post written and managed to wipe it out while somehow absolving the computer from rescuing me with the undo function.

Watch this space for the real post, but here's a synopsis

1. Today I moved
2. I rented a truck that is several hectares long and grumbles like the Beast beneath the Earth when started. Was given until 7am tomorrow to return truck.
3. Took 7 hours to load truck, during which the follwing occurred:
a. Called by loan officer. House won't close until tomorrow afternoon.
b. Called by escrow officer. Lender wants more homeowner's insurance coverage.
c. Called insurance. I can increase coverage, but they will only pay for the original amount. However, I do get to pay more each month.
d. Called by realtor. Since seller has Close+2 days to move in contract, they will only give me the house key for $200 tomorrow.
e. Swore profusely
f. Called by two people at work- the other IT people are incapable of doing anything, apparently
g. Buyer of current place wants keys delivered tomorrow at 10:30.
h. Dad, while helping pack, drops my beloved train lamp and it bursts apart. It can be repaired, fortunately, but I am nearly ready to commit suicide.

Lovely.

3 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Not the train lamp!! Have a drink, put your feet up and relax...

I hate moving. Packing, unpacking and finding more and more boxes to unpack with nowhere to put the stuff!

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger alice said...

Poor Mahd. Moving is sucky, indeed. But at least the train lamp survived its traumatic ordeal.

I'm sure we have boxes at my parents' house that haven't been unpacked since we packed them at least ten years and two moves ago. That's moves between countries, mind you.

Good to have you back in blogland!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Knows It All said...

Good grief. Hope all is well in the end! When my blog starts to talk about house buying-- remind me of this post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home