Monday, October 04, 2004

This is a title that is unrelated to the post below

The most awesome part about not updating this blog is the feeling that I'm letting down all of four people that read this. And I don't even feel that bad, because there has to be some sort of brain injury that would compel people to read- I'm not ruling out traumatic injuries, but surely it's caused by some sort of blunt object.

I recently found a CD of songs I created back in 97 or so. There are a number of songs on there that make one cringe, some you don't even remember even after repeated listenings, and the few songs that make you say "Why don't they play this on the radio anymore?" It's at those times that you should feel old. The only statement that shows your age more is, "Back in my day, we didn't have these fancy ". If the word you inserted is "20GB iPods", you're probably safe. If, however, you said something more like "computers", "cars" or heaven forbid, "digital watches", it may well be time to start looking into life insurance. Of course, it doesn't matter if you're young at heart- I suggest you procure one from an 8th grader.

Simultaneous to this, I discovered a new band. I say that I discovered them because, as we all know, only white males make discoveries, and I'm pretty sure that only female eskimos and aborigines listened to this band previously. I speak of the Decemberists, whose name has a source that you'll no doubt remember from your history class H104- Russia and you...but mostly Russia. The best I can say about them is that they seem a goodly lot and I wish them luck. Actually, I don't really care as long as they make albums- they could be an emotional train wreck for all I care. That's key to a lot of good songs, I think, but then again I'm a man whose greatest musical hit was The Legend of John Henry's Hammer's smith's barber. Sure, it was unpublished, unwritten and unperformed...and in fact I just made up the name, so I got nothing.

Well, it's time for the Daily Show, so I'm out of here like a guy going to lay in bed to watch Comedy Central.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home