Monday, August 22, 2005

Nature's Fury

Crouched and low to the ground, she sits- a murderer, no doubt, and death to whatever hapless creature might offend her noble sensibilites. She pauses silently, waiting for the moment to lash out; to strike. Then, she leaps and is on her quarry, claws slashing and teeth gnawing on her helpless victim.

This:



is the killer whose evil knows no bounds (her occassional victim is pictured as well). Descended from the greater demons of Hell, she has no master but the Devil himself.

So she's evil, but cute.

It's a combination that has worked before. The Sirens that lured Ulysses, for example. Evil and cute go together like chocolate and ice cream. This may seem odd, but keep in mind- we expect evil to be large and dark and impolite and hurtful, not a fluffy fuzzball with wide eyes that sometimes purrs.

It's camoflage, really- my wife and friends have been deceived by her exterior and cannot fathom the murky darkness that her being consists of. But I bear witness to her evil, with scratches running the length and breadth of my poor tortured body. My wife believes that she is "playing", but I know for certain that "Clementine" (Her real name is Stormcloud Killclaw) attempted to tear out my Achilles' tendon. The only thing that prevented her from doing so is her stature- scale her to be twice as large and I become no more than people-flavored Meow Mix.

She's looking at me with her eyes half-closed- who knows what evil thoughts dwell in her malicious mind?

5 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger chica bonita said...

i just had this conversation with my european housemate this afternoon.

him: i wanna get a cat, it'd be nice to have one at home.

me: i'll torture your cat.

him: !!!!!

p/s: btw, are you teasing us with your half-shown-face pic? again?? not again?? WHY???!!!!!?!!!!!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Knows It All said...

Ugh. An ex-kitten of mine once cost me a damn fortune in nylon pantyhose. I now know the well-intended effect that feline had, but at the time, I was a slave to the government, and thus nylons a form of torture. Kitty tried to spare me... but just cost me money. Cats.... they work mysteriously.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Nice eyes!
How cute!
A coy but fiendish look!

Was there a cat somewhere?? ;)

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Mahd said...

chica bonita, I don't really dislike her, but she does go insane from time to time.

What can I say about the picture? I'm a tease, I guess.

sheriff of nothing, fortunately I am not allergic- that would probably send me over the edge.

Knows It All I had a friend who had just finished telling me how good his cat was when she jumped up and knocked over everything in his closet.

ChickyBabe, Don't pay attention to the man behind the kitty! He is the great and powerful Wizard of Oz!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger August95 said...

Stormcloud Killclaw... so perfect. I too live with a killer ball of fur. Beware you calves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home