Tuesday, July 26, 2005

How to upload the funny

I'm glad to see that everyone enjoyed the pirate post. They are history that has become myth and legend, and are beloved despite the fact that they did some pretty horrendous things. In a way, it's human nature to romanticize bygone eras, or at least forget all of the crappy parts of it. Yes, the idea of knights and maidens joined together in courtly love is a beautiful one, but let's not forget they didn't have antibiotics or flush toilets (or worse, toilet paper).

I've had over 250 unique visitors to the blog this month- I suspect that a remnant of a remnant of that number actually reads it- maybe 20 people. This thought fills me with such dread, because now I feel obligated to be the Entertainer. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I just feel pressure to continually update, which is bad because it steals away precious topics that I can use. I'm sure you'll enjoy my update next week when I discuss the hilarious variances in pH between different hand soaps. It promises to be charming and magical.

Therein lies the hardest part of blogging- finding things to talk about. I could tell you about my day, but sadly, most of my day is spent typing emails to people who don't understand how to print using different paper sizes or whose Blackberry handhelds mysteriously stop working when they throw them across the room. So I have to turn to my imagination, which is always the last desperate act of a man without options. And because television has altogether broken my fragile spirit, most of the jokes you find here are based off of episodes of The A-Team and Fraggle Rock.

As an aside, I will be making another attempt at writing something more substantial and novelish. So far, the two previous attempts have been stories so morose and depressing that it's hard to continue with them. Thus, my newest project will be a comedic story. I can never judge if anything I write is amusing to anyone but myself, but at least it will be good practice. In any event, I will release more details if and when they become available. Let's not get our hopes up, though- I only vaguely have an idea for the book, so it will be a while before anything comes together, and it probably will be a travesty of American literature if it is ever completed. That's just how I like to do things.

1 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Blogger ChickyBabe said...

I totally understand the "pressure to update". It's all about ensuring you write for yourself before writing for an audience.

And avid readers always come back :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home